Match Preview: Valencia 2-2 Mallorca Predictions and Betting Tips 23.10.2021
Valencia – Mallorca Predictions & Tips For Today, October 23, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 10
Match: 13:00 Valencia – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Valencia – Mallorca Match Preview
- Although mid-table Valencia have an even La Liga (LL) record this term (W3, D3, L3), a poor five-match run (D2, L3) has undone their excellent start to the season which briefly saw them as high as second. Frustratingly, they scored first against Real Madrid and Barcelona before losing both games, with those missed opportunities now seeing them slip down to tenth, and it appears Valencia are beginning to replicate the form that saw them finish in a disappointing 13th place last term.
- Their home form is solid though, as defeat to Madrid remains their only loss at the Mestalla this term (W2, D1). They’re yet to concede before the 65th minute as hosts in LL this season, and maintaining that record could help them extend a three-match unbeaten home H2H sequence (W2, D1), particularly if they score exactly twice as they did in each of those clashes.
- That would spell danger for Mallorca, who seem unlikely to pose a significant second-half threat having scored just twice after half-time in the league this season. They’re also in a rut after winning just one of their last six LL fixtures (D1, L4) although there was no shame in going down 1-0 to surprise early pacesetters Real Sociedad on Saturday.
- One of those second-half goals came away from home though, where they’ve lost to three teams that start this round in the top half and only beaten early strugglers Alavés, so this match against a fellow mid-table outfit could be a good gauge of their level. Ominously though, the away side on the day hasn’t won a LL H2H since March 2011 (Mallorca: W2, D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Carlos Soler is Valencia’s leading LL scorer this term; two of his three strikes came via penalties. Meanwhile, Mallorca’s Dani Rodríguez has scored first-half goals in two of his last six LL appearances and netted in the last H2H.
- Hot stat: No side has kept more LL first-half clean sheets than Mallorca’s seven this season.