Match Preview: Alaves 1-0 Elche Predictions and Betting Tips 26.10.2021
Alaves – Elche Predictions & Tips For Today, October 26, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 11
Match: 18:00 Alaves – Elche
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Alaves – Elche Match Preview
- Alavés snapped their two-match La Liga (LL) losing streak with a 2-0 win over Cádiz on Saturday, showing both a ruthless streak and defensive solidity – more of which they’ll need here if they’re to pull themselves out of the relegation zone. With all of their last eight league games (W2, L6) seeing one side keep a clean sheet, the first goal could again be crucial.
- There’s a real chance of late action given three of their five home league games this term (W1, L4) produced goals in or after the 80th minute. With that being the case, and the fact neither of these sides are in great form, this could turn into a nervy, cagey affair but Alavés can move to within a point of their visitors with victory.
- If the recipe for any Elche success is scoring late on, then they won’t despair as an 84th-minute equaliser earned them a 2-2 LL draw against Espanyol on Saturday. They’ve still won only one of their last six league games though (D2, L3) and are hovering nervously in the lower mid-table, fighting to avoid another relegation scrap.
- In their favour is the fact that the away side on the day is unbeaten across the last four league H2Hs and their last competitive defeat here was in 2008 (W2, D1). However, recent travelling form doesn’t inspire much confidence given that they’ve lost their last three LL away games despite scoring within the first 20 minutes in two of them.
- Players to watch: By scoring a brace against Cádiz, Joselu has now scored 75% (three) of Alavés’ LL goals this term. While Lucas Boyé is one of three Elche players with two league strikes this season, both of his strikes came across their last two games.
- Hot stat: Elche have never won a LL match they’ve played on a Tuesday (D4, L2).