Match Preview: Paris SG 2-1 Lille Predictions and Betting Tips 29.10.2021
Paris SG – Lille Predictions & Tips For Today, October 29, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 12
Match: 20:00 Paris SG – Lille
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Paris SG – Lille Match Preview
- Paris Saint-Germain have the opportunity here to not only get revenge on the side who stole their Ligue 1 crown last season, but who then also rubbed salt in the wound with a 1-0 Super Cup victory in August. Although, having failed to score in three of the previous four competitive H2H clashes (W1, D1, L2), there may be a fear that the visitors are developing somewhat of a hold over them.
- Up until recent weeks, failing to score would have been almost unimaginable for Ligue 1’s most dangerous attack, yet, they’ve now drawn a blank in two of their last three matches (W1, D1, L1), both of which led to them dropping their first points of the campaign. Having accumulated a division high 75 points across 2021 though, manager Mauricio Pochettino will be hoping his side’s recent form is just a minor blip.
- Champions Lille won’t be arriving at Le Parc des Princes with any swagger after a shoddy start to their title defence (W4, D3, L4). That total of four league defeats is already one more than they suffered during the whole of last season, whilst just one win across their last five competitive matches (D2, L2) indicates their form is far from where they’d want it to be when travelling away to the league leaders.
- The visitors did crucially get the monkey off their back in their 1-0 away win over PSG in April – ending a run of 21 winless H2H away league games. A repeat of that would not only make it a third consecutive result by that scoreline, but would also hand them just their second league clean sheet this season.
- Players to watch: PSG’s Mauro Icardi scored before the 20th minute in two of the last three competitive H2H home clashes, while Jonathan David scored Lille’s winner here in April, and netted in his last appearance – both before HT.
- Hot stat: Only two Ligue 1 sides are averaging more yellow cards than Lille per game – 2.45.