Match Preview: Atalanta 2-2 Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 02.11.2021
Atalanta – Manchester Utd Predictions & Tips For Today, November 2, 2021.
League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4
Match: 21:00 Atalanta – Manchester Utd
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Atalanta – Manchester Utd Match Preview
- Atalanta were undone by a late Manchester United comeback on UEFA Champions League (UCL) matchday three (L 3-2) but needed one themselves to draw with Lazio on Saturday. They now host the three-time European champions with just three points separating the four Group F teams, therefore the third-placed Italians (W1, D1, L1) must target a result here to stay in the hunt for qualification.
- That might prove tricky for ‘La Dea’, who’ve only won one of their last six UCL fixtures as the designated home side (D2, L3), although two of those defeats were close-run affairs against Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid. They were unbeaten in their first two European home games against English opposition (W1, D1), but their last such encounter here saw them thrashed 5-0 by Liverpool almost exactly one year ago.
- That’s a scoreline that’ll still haunt Man United following their own drubbing to Liverpool, although they bounced back emphatically with a 3-0 away win at Tottenham on Saturday. Despite turbulent times at Old Trafford, the Champions League has offered some relief for Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s men who top this UCL group (W2, L1) after overcoming a surprise matchday one defeat away to Young Boys (2-1).
- Also encouraging for the ‘Red Devils’ is their record in this country as they’re unbeaten in five UCL away games against Italian opponents (W3, D2), avoiding trailing at the break in each (HT: W2, D3). This could be tight though, as their last four UCL away fixtures anywhere were all decided by a one-goal margin (W1, L3).
- Players to watch: Duván Zapata scored first-half goals in each of Atalanta’s last two league fixtures while Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored and assisted against Tottenham, has netted in all three of Man United’s UCL games this term – twice after the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of one goal per game after the 80th minute across Group F’s six fixtures.