Match Preview: Dortmund 1-3 Ajax Predictions and Betting Tips 03.11.2021
Dortmund – Ajax Predictions & Tips For Today, November 3, 2021.
League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4
Match: 21:00 Dortmund – Ajax
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
Dortmund – Ajax Match Preview
- Since being crushed 4-0 by Ajax on the last UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group C matchday, Borussia Dortmund have regained confidence with three straight domestic wins. With home advantage and the famous ‘Yellow Wall’ in fine voice, they are expected to build on that, and qualify from the group stages for an eighth time in nine UCL appearances.
- Despite the club’s rich history of progression, ‘Der BVB’ are under no illusions about the challenge posed here, as Sporting could level with them on points if they fall to Ajax again. On a positive note though, they are unbeaten in nine (W6, D3) of their last ten UCL proper home games, despite keeping just four clean sheets.
- An early qualification could ignite the imagination of Ajax fans, as Ajax’s only progression from a UCL group across the club’s last eight appearances saw them make the semi-finals (2018/19). The Dutch champions’ ability to start well is self-evident, with Ajax leading at both half-time and full-time in all three of their UCL group games so far.
- Inspiring further ‘Dutch courage’ is Ajax’s more than respectable 78% unbeaten rate against German opponents in European competitions (W22, D7, L8). With another positive result, Erik ten Hag’s men can secure passage to the knockout round with two games to spare, provided they can better Sporting’s result against Beşiktaş.
- Players to watch: Potentially key to levelling Dortmund’s record against Dutch opponents (W3, D3, L4), Thorgan Hazard has three goals from his last two appearances, and his strike last time out was his first-ever headed goal for the club. Leading the UCL scoring charts ahead of this round, Ajax’s Sébastien Haller has scored six goals from his ten shots on target in the group stage.
- Hot stat: Seven of Dortmund’s last eight UCL games (competition proper) have produced over 2.5 total goals.