Match Preview: Brondby 1-1 Rangers Predictions and Betting Tips 04.11.2021
Brondby – Rangers Predictions & Tips For Today, November 4, 2021.
League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 4
Match: 18:45 Brondby – Rangers
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Brondby – Rangers Match Preview
- With UEFA Europa League (UEL) Group A leaders Lyon breaking away after three consecutive wins, Denmark’s Brøndby and Scotland’s Rangers are scrapping with Sparta Prague for that coveted second spot that comes with a chance to advance to the knockout round playoffs, where they would face one of this season’s Champions League (UCL) participants.
- Fourth-placed Brøndby return home after consecutive losses ‘to nil’ vs Lyon (3-0) and Rangers (2-0) over the previous two matchdays, lamenting an unenviable status as the only one of 32 teams in the UEL group stage to have failed to score across the first three matchdays. As one of just two clubs making their UEL group stage debut in 2021/22, the Danes appear out of their depth in this tier of the competition, having failed to win any of their last eight UEL matches (including qualifiers) within 90 minutes (D2, L6).
- Rangers could complete their longest undefeated run in all competitions this season (currently W4, D2) whilst potentially leapfrogging Sparta Prague into second place with victory here. The Scottish champions have improved each time in their three UEL campaigns under manager Steven Gerrard, and a sluggish start to 2021/22 has gotten better after a slick first half and 2-0 victory at home to Brøndby.
- They’ll be keen to convert that psychological advantage into a fifth consecutive UEFA win in Denmark, boasting a perfect W4 record in four previous visits to the Nordic country from 1992 to 2019. That could also be the catalyst to turn around some more recent struggles away from home in continental football (D2, L2 from their last four away trips).
- Players to watch: American midfielder Christian Cappis has scored in three of his last eight appearances for Brøndby, including twice after the 80 minute mark. Meanwhile penalty taker James Tavernier has scored in his previous two games for Rangers.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last eight UEFA fixtures involving either or both clubs have seen both teams score.