Match Preview: Spezia 1-0 Torino Predictions and Betting Tips 06.11.2021
Spezia – Torino Predictions & Tips For Today, November 6, 2021.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 12
Match: 15:00 Spezia – Torino
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Spezia – Torino Match Preview
- After spending almost the entirety of their debut top-flight campaign (2020/21) away from the relegation zone, Spezia (W2, D2, L7) are in danger of succumbing fatally to ‘second season syndrome’. They sit 18th after conceding a league-high average of 2.4 goals per game and have now failed to keep a clean sheet in 28 consecutive matches across all competitions
- In addition to needing urgent defensive improvement, Spezia have troubles in the final third – they typically start slowly here, failing to score inside the opening 30 minutes at home so far. Despite this, Spezia have gained four points across their last two home matches, and face a visiting side yet to score inside the opening half-hour of their away league matches!
- Torino currently sit a modest 12th in the Serie A (SA) table, but coach Ivan Jurić is already proving influential. His team’s current tally of 14 points is more than twice that which they had at this stage last year (six), thanks much to them boasting the league’s third-best defence.
- That potentially provides Torino with a foundation on which to plot a first top-half finish since 2018/19, and though they have lost three of their last five matches, each of those was a mere 1-0 defeat against top-five finishers from last season. Yet, Torino’s failure to win on eight of their last nine SA road trips, including a 4-1 defeat here in May, is an area for improvement.
- Players to watch: Daniele Verde may have been a starter in only one of Spezia‘s last six matches, but he remains their only scorer of 3+ league goals this term. As for the opposition, Torino talisman Andrea Belotti scored his 100th goal in SA last time out, with seven of his last eight arriving after the break.
- Hot stat: Spezia have seen five of their eight home goals conceded arrive beyond the hour mark.