Match Preview: Chile 0-2 Ecuador Predictions and Betting Tips 17.11.2021
Chile – Ecuador Predictions & Tips For Today, November 17, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification
Match: 01:15 Chile – Ecuador
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Chile – Ecuador Match Preview
- A third consecutive win for Chile last time out ensured that they would begin this round in the direct World Cup qualification (WCQ) spots. While they could well be ousted from that spot provisionally by the time this game kicks off, a home win is expected for the side ranked 34 places above Ecuador by FIFA despite currently sitting below them in the CONMEBOL standings.
- While Chile are still six wins away from their return in their last successful 18 game WCQ cycle with just five games to go, their destiny at least remains in their own hands. Highlighting their improvement under manager Martín Lasarte is their return of three straight clean sheets, last achieving that feat when winning the Copa América in 2016, though they followed it up with a 2-1 defeat in WCQ action.
- A 1-0 victory over Venezuela on Thursday equalled Ecuador’s points return from their last qualification attempt with five games to spare. Here in Santiago, the visitors will look to defy the bookmakers once again as this year’s ‘surprise package’ have already beaten the likes of Uruguay and Colombia at tempting odds during this campaign.
- Still, anything other than defeat would come as a surprise for Gustavo Alfaro’s side considering that they’ve picked up just 20% of their points haul away from home (W1, D1, L4). Despite that woeful travelling record, ‘La Tri’ were rarely put to the sword in those encounters as three of their four WCQ away defeats were level at half-time.
- Players to watch: Ben Brereton Díaz scored in Chile’s last two home wins, though just one of his 13 strikes for Blackburn this season have opened the scoring. For Ecuador, towering forward Jordy Caicedo will prove tough for the Chilean defence to mark – four of his last eight goals for CSKA Sofia were headers while as many were match openers.
- Hot stat: The home side on the day was shown a red card in three of the last five H2Hs.
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022