Match Preview: Monaco 2-2 Lille Predictions and Betting Tips 19.11.2021
Monaco – Lille Predictions & Tips For Today, November 19, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 14
Match: 21:00 Monaco – Lille
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Monaco – Lille Match Preview
- Very few could have expected that this Ligue 1 game between Monaco and Lille would be a mid-table clash in 2021/22, considering these two teams were part of a thrilling four-way title fight last season. However, Stade Louis II has at least been a hostile place for travelling teams lately, with hosts Monaco winning their previous three Ligue 1 home fixtures
- While the Monegasque outfit scored nine goals across that trio – which is more than in the six before – their ability to find the net consistently remains in question. Niko Kovač’s men have gone 298 minutes of play without scoring a goal in all competitions, while they’ve failed to score in a league-worst 46% of their Ligue 1 matches so far.
- Sixteen points from 13 Ligue 1 games represents a poor start for champions Lille, and their current winless run of league matches (D2, L2) is the club’s longest since December 2018. ‘Le LOSC’ still sit in the bottom half of the table ahead of this matchday, and only once across their previous 32 L1 campaigns have they conceded more goals at this stage (19)!
- The visitors’ biggest concern lies on the road though, as they’ve claimed just one win away from home after seven attempts so far this top-flight season (D2, L4). That’s in sharp contrast to last season, when Lille finished the season 14 games unbeaten on their Ligue 1 travels, winning a staggering 12 of those fixtures.
- Players to watch: Wissam Ben Yedder has been Monaco’s second and/or third goalscorer in each of Monaco’s previous three home Ligue 1 matches. With Jonathan David doubtful, Lille may have to rely on Burak Yılmaz who has scored all three of his competitive goals this campaign on the road.
- Hot stat: Across all venues, four of the previous five Ligue 1 H2Hs have featured a goalless first half.