Match Preview: Celta Vigo 1-1 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 20.11.2021
Celta Vigo – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, November 20, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 14
Match: 14:00 Celta Vigo – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Celta Vigo – Villarreal Match Preview
- Even when considering Barcelona’s woes, completing a three-goal comeback against the 26-time La Liga (LL) champions should boost Celta Vigo’s confidence after earning points at home for just the second time this league season (W1, D1, L5). They’re still yet to defeat any club placed 16th or higher at the time of the international break (D3, L6), so further improvement will be required when Villarreal come to town.
- For all the praise that came out of that 3-3 draw against Barcelona, it was indicative of an ongoing problem for Celta Vigo: their last ten LL goals have all been netted after half-time. Whilst seven 0-0 half-time results from their last eight LL fixtures has spared them from significant damage, it illustrates their attacking unit requires a long time to make an impact.
- Their opponents will be desperate to complete a fifth consecutive H2H to have been won by the visiting side on the day, but as one of five LL clubs yet to win away from home (D4, L2) prior to the break, that appears unlikely for Villarreal. Four of their six LL away trips this campaign have seen them fail to score, with sound defending at least salvaging three 0-0 draws along the way.
- The ‘Yellow Submarine’ have evidently been hurting without star striker Gerard Moreno. It is no coincidence that this is the fewest goals they have scored (14) in their first 12 games of a LL season since he returned to form in 2019/20. After he recorded ten match opening goals (excluding own goals) from their last 28 LL games of 2020/21, Villarreal have opened the scoring on just four occasions so far this LL season (W3, D1).
- Players to watch: Celta’s Iago Aspas has recorded braces in two of his last three starts against Villarreal, whilst Manu Trigueros is the only player to score first for Villarreal twice this LL season.
- Hot stat: All but one of the last seven H2Hs have produced at least four total goals each.
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022