Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen 3-2 Celtic Predictions and Betting Tips 25.11.2021
Bayer Leverkusen – Celtic Predictions & Tips For Today, November 25, 2021.
League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 5
Match: 18:45 Bayer Leverkusen – Celtic
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Bayer Leverkusen – Celtic Match Preview
- Bayer Leverkusen have found UEFA Europa League (UEL) Group G a stroll so far (W3, D1), and a win against Celtic, a side they thumped 4-0 in the reverse fixture, would confirm first place if Real Betis drop points in their match. Two consecutive wins ‘to nil’ at home coming into this clash, similar to the 1-0 UEL win Leverkusen recorded vs Celtic’s fierce city-rivals Rangers at the BayArena last year, appears to justify their heavy favourites status here.
- The Germans have also gone undefeated in every UEL group stage home game they’ve played (W11, D3). That imposing record has even seen Leverkusen clear a -2 handicap in four of their previous five such fixtures (W5).
- After Leverkusen dished out Celtic’s heaviest-ever UEL/UEFA Cup loss at home back in September, manager Ange Postecoglou has made clear in the build up to this game that Celtic are a different side now than the one Leverkusen faced then. Those may not be empty words either, as Celtic have won eight of their nine games following that defeat (D1) and a morale-boosting semi-final domestic cup win at the weekend will have them travelling in high spirits.
- Celtic have, at least, already secured European springtime football thanks to a pair of wins over Ferencváros, but the chance to progress in the UEL, rather than play in the Europa Conference League, still remains as a win here would mean a top-two place is still possible on the final matchday. However, with the ‘Bhoys’ currently sporting the joint-worst goals conceded total across the UEL after four matchdays (ten goals), this game looks anything but an easy ride.
- Players to watch: Leverkusen’s teenage sensation Florian Wirtz netted in the reverse fixture, albeit that was the only one of his last five club goals to be scored before the 60th minute. Meanwhile, Kyogo Furuhashi has scored before half-time in Celtic’s last three away games.
- Hot stat: There’s been an own goal in four of Celtic’s previous six UEL fixtures.
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022