Match Preview: Alaves 1-2 Celta Vigo Predictions and Betting Tips 27.11.2021
Alaves – Celta Vigo Predictions & Tips For Today, November 27, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 15
Match: 14:00 Alaves – Celta Vigo
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Alaves – Celta Vigo Match Preview
- Amid an unbeaten five-game run (W3, D2), Alavés have continued to climb further away from the relegation zone throughout November, having been buried deep in the abyss after losing seven of their first eight La Liga (LL) outings this campaign. As a result, the hosts have leapfrogged this week’s opposition, Celta Vigo, and look well positioned to avenge their 1-3 home defeat in this corresponding fixture last season.
- Javi Calleja appeared destined to be one of Alavés’ shortest-employed managers after their start to the season, but instead could lead his club to a repeat of their 2017/18 heroics, in which they survived the season despite also losing their opening five fixtures (and subsequently six). Whilst they were heartbroken by a last-gasp draw at Sevilla last time out (2-2), Alavés can at least be encouraged by having scored before half-time in that match, after failing to do so in their previous three LL outings.
- Celta are finding it difficult to stop making matches hard for themselves, having had to rely on consecutive comebacks to scrape together three LL draws on the trot. Yet despite their second-worst 14-game start to a season in eight years, Eduardo Coudet remains the club’s longest serving and most successful manager (in terms of average points per game across all competitions) since Eduardo Berizzo led them to three consecutive top-half finishes.
- The visitors have now completed ten consecutive LL outings without a first-half goal, so it is a remarkable effort to have lost just four of those ten matches (W3, D3, L4), including two defeats from five starts as pre-match outsiders (W1, D2, L2). A quiet start from both clubs wouldn’t surprise here, given that Celta have clocked up eight 0-0 half-time scores from their 14 LL fixtures.
- Players to watch: Joselu has been key to Alavés’ revival, scoring in three of his last five LL appearances (W2, D1) after just one goal in his first eight. Celta’s Santi Mina, meanwhile, has scored in two LL away trips this season as well as on his last trip to Alavés.
- Hot stat: Alavés have completed 21 consecutive competitive fixtures without a 0-0 draw.
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022