Match Preview: Southampton 2-2 Leicester Predictions and Betting Tips 01.12.2021
Southampton – Leicester Predictions & Tips For Today, December 1, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 14
Match: 20:30 Southampton – Leicester
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 LOST
Southampton – Leicester Match Preview
- Southampton made it two defeats in as many post-international break matches when they fell to a 4-0 defeat at Anfield in their final November fixture. An upcoming double of home games looks ever more vital if they are to emulate last season’s survival act, during which they had ten points more after 13 Premier League (PL) matchdays than their current total.
- So far, all six of Southampton’s PL home matches have seen a final margin of under 1.5 goals separating the sides (W2, D3, L1). Partly due to that, Southampton have taken just one point from the previous three PL home games to see them concede the opener.
- Leicester City are still a figure of horror for Southampton, ever since an unforgettable 9-0 victory at St Mary’s Stadium in October 2019, which remains the existing record PL away win. Aiming to build on their joint-highest scoring league victory of the season (4-2 vs Watford), the ‘Foxes’ travel south unbeaten in three away league matches (W1, D2).
- The visitors have also avoided a loss in their previous four visits to St Mary’s Stadium (W3, D1). The closest of those wins (Aug 2018) came by a 2-1 scoreline, as have each of Leicester’s previous five away league victories recorded anywhere. The last three of those witnessed the ‘Foxes’ net in each half, concede an equaliser and produce a winner beyond the hour mark!
- Players to watch: Adam Armstrong netted the winner in Southampton’s last victory (3’), meaning that both of his goals this term have come within the opening 25 minutes. At the other end of the clock, Leicester’s James Maddison was the final open-play scorer during “the 9-0”, and more recently, two of his last four PL goals have come within the 70th-79th minute period.
- Hot stat: Six of Southampton’s last eight PL home games drawn or lost have produced under 2.5 total goals.