Match Preview: Lazio 4-4 Udinese Predictions and Betting Tips 02.12.2021
Lazio – Udinese Predictions & Tips For Today, December 2, 2021.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 15
Match: 20:45 Lazio – Udinese
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:4 LOST
Lazio – Udinese Match Preview
- Breaking into the top five this season, after finishing sixth last term, will be Lazio’s aim, but two consecutive Serie A (SA) defeats ‘to nil’ has seen the Rome outfit slip out of the European places altogether. After trailing at half-time in both of those losses, Lazio have now lost the first half in all five of their SA defeats this term, an indignity that they also suffered in their last home H2H clash vs Udinese (L 1-3).
- Despite that, there’s no doubt the Stadio Olimpico is more of a Roman fortress than anything else. Lazio’s defeat to Juventus in their last home match is their only SA loss at home during 2021 (W16, D2), although of those 16 wins this year only six saw Lazio beat a -1 handicap.
- Udinese may be enjoying a 27th consecutive SA season but their safety is by no means guaranteed. A poor win-rate of just 21% this league campaign (W3, D6, L5) has them hovering a few points above the relegation zone, and just one goal across their last two games (D1, L1) shows little promise going into this tough clash against Lazio. Albeit that sole goal was actually Udinese’s only SA strike from a direct free kick across the last five years.
- That rare goal came in their last road trip (L 2-1), but wasn’t enough to stop Udinese from registering a five-game winless away run (D2, L3). Ending that run with a win vs Lazio could end murmurings of potential relegation, and would also be a fitting tribute to a club that was formed almost 125 years ago to the day (Nov 30th, 1896).
- Players to watch: Ciro Immobile could cause problems, but Lazio are winless in five of the last eight games he’s found the net (W3, D4, L1). Beto has scored in four of Udinese’s last eight games, helping them go unbeaten each time (W1, D3).
- Hot stat: Lazio have averaged 3.86 corners per SA game. Just two sides have a lower average ahead of this round.