Match Preview: Sevilla 1-0 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 04.12.2021
Sevilla – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, December 4, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 16
Match: 14:00 Sevilla – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Sevilla – Villarreal Match Preview
- Sevilla and Villarreal both suffered heartbreaking defeats to La Liga (LL) giants despite being level at the 85 minute mark last time out. Despite the loss, Sevilla have still made their equal-best 14-game start to a league campaign since 2014/15, and whilst their title credentials took a hit with their recent 2-1 loss at Real Madrid, their win rate of 67% as a pre-match favourite (W8, D3, L1) is encouraging going into this fixture.
- These two clubs traded home victories last LL season, and with the hosts winning 15 of their 18 home LL fixtures (D1, L2) since Villarreal last visited, form points to Sevilla repeating that feat here. They enjoy a perfect LL record at home this campaign when scoring first (W5), so doing so again will certainly go a long way towards solidifying their title credentials again.
- For the third time in four seasons, Villarreal have remained bogged in the bottom half of the LL table after 14 matches. They’ll hope they can repeat their recovery seen during the 2019/20 campaign, in which a 2-1 victory at Sevilla in December 2019 kickstarted a run of 13 wins from 22 league fixtures (D2, L7) prior to an eventual fifth placed finish.
- Their travelling form, though, suggests anything but the beginning of a recovery. Few would have picked Villarreal to remain winless on the road this far into a LL season (D5, L2). Those hoping for a change of fortune have little to cling on to for inspiration – since defeating Getafe in July 2020, Villarreal are yet to win a single league outing as an away outsider (D6, L5).
- Players to watch: Rafa Mir has now scored in five separate LL appearances this season, including the opening goal in two of Sevilla’s last seven LL matches. Villarreal will be hoping Manu Trigueros finds the scoresheet again – they boast an unbeaten record (W2, D1, L0) this LL season when he’s scored.
- Hot stat: Just two of the last 12 LL matches involving either club have seen a scoreless first half.