Match Preview: Augsburg 1-1 RB Leipzig Predictions and Betting Tips 15.12.2021
Augsburg – RB Leipzig Predictions & Tips For Today, December 15, 2021.
League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 16
Match: 20:30 Augsburg – RB Leipzig
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Augsburg – RB Leipzig Match Preview
- Augsburg moved further away from the drop zone with their first away victory of this Bundesliga season, defeating Cologne 2-0 to show that last month’s defeat of Bayern Munich may have been no fluke. That marked their first clean sheet in ten Bundesliga outings, giving Augsburg renewed confidence as they seek consecutive league victories for the first time in 2021/22.
- The hosts enter this contest as betting outsiders, but that could work in their favour, as upset results have been plentiful for both Augsburg and opponents RB Leipzig. The pre-match outsider has lost just one of Augsburg’s last seven games in all competitions (W4, D2), while sportsbook underdogs have triumphed in three of Leipzig’s last four.
- Leipzig were on the wrong end of one of those three results in their last Bundesliga away trip, as a 2-1 loss at Union Berlin hurled them briefly into the bottom half. They bounced back by defeating Mönchengladbach at home under new manager Domenico Tedesco, but go into this round as one of three Bundesliga clubs yet to win on the road (D3, L4).
- The visitors are also on an eight-game Bundesliga run without a clean sheet, which is something Tedesco became accustomed to at Schalke in 2018/19, with just one from his last 15 league games in charge. Despite conceding only one or two goals in all seven Bundesliga away fixtures, their defending remains a key area to improve if they’re going to muscle their way into the Champions League places.
- Players to watch: Andre Hahn has played a key role in Augsburg’s recent success, scoring in each of their last two league victories. As for Leipzig’s biggest threat, that could be Christopher Nkunku as he’s now scored in an impressive ten competitive matches this season, while also netting Leipzig’s opening goal seven times.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in all three of Tedesco’s prior career meetings with Augsburg.