Match Preview: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle Predictions and Betting Tips 16.12.2021
Liverpool – Newcastle Predictions & Tips For Today, December 16, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 17
Match: 21:00 Liverpool – Newcastle
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Liverpool – Newcastle Match Preview
- With both Manchester clubs and Chelsea cashing in on game-winning penalties in Saturday’s Premier League (PL) action, Liverpool followed suit when Mohamed Salah won and slotted home a spot-kick to secure back-to-back 1-0 top-flight wins for only the second time under Jürgen Klopp. There were six penalties scored in Saturday’s games, with only February 5, 2011 seeing more (seven) on a single PL day!
- The rampant ‘Reds’ have recorded seven consecutive wins in all competitions, while their last five home fixtures have seen them achieve victory without conceding. The Anfield faithful should be in a frenzied mood when Newcastle come to town, as they have registered more home wins against the Georgies in PL history than against any other side (W20, D5, L1). Those games also include five December fixtures, each of which Liverpool won, and by a combined score of 16-4!
- Newcastle fans are therefore probably apprehensive of this trip especially after following up their first win of the PL campaign by getting thumped 4-0 at Leicester last round, ensuring the ‘Magpies’ remain firmly in the relegation zone. They’ve now conceded 34 goals this term, their most at this stage of a league season since letting in the same amount in 1977/78, a season that ended in relegation.
- After finishing last season with three wins in their last four away PL games (D1), Newcastle have only managed a trio of draws on their travels this season (L5). Poor second-half showings have been the common denominator as they’ve conceded 12 of their 17 goals on the road after the break, while only netting three themselves.
- Players to watch: With few superlatives left to describe Salah’s form, he’s now scored or assisted in 14 straight PL games, one short of Jamie Vardy’s 2015 record of 15. While Newcastle’s #9 Callum Wilson will be keen to have an effect on the game, seeing as five of his six PL goals this term have served as match openers.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have never lost at Anfield in 55 PL games with Virgil Van Dijk in defence (W47, D8).