Match Preview: Barnsley 0-0 West Brom Predictions and Betting Tips 17.12.2021
Barnsley – West Brom Predictions & Tips For Today, December 17, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23
Match: 20:45 Barnsley – West Brom
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Barnsley – West Brom Match Preview
- Friday night’s Championship action sees a struggling Barnsley welcome promotion-chasing West Bromwich Albion. The hosts now sit eight points from safety following their sixth consecutive winless game last time out (D2, L4) and in truth, they should be thankful for Derby County’s points deduction which is the only reason they’re not propping up this season’s Championship table.
- The introduction of Poya Asbaghi as manager has done little to stem the flow of awful Barnsley form (D2, L3). This start is especially worrying given that Asbaghi is the first permanent Barnsley boss to open his tenure with five straight winless games since Paul Hart in 2003/04, and the pressure is on given that Hart at least won his sixth game in charge (1-0 home victory).
- ‘Last Christmas’, current West Brom boss Valérien Ismaël was flying high en route to guiding Barnsley to a top-six finish. Now, he’ll look to pile on the misery for his former side whilst hoping to continue West Brom’s charge towards automatic promotion. The ‘Baggies’ should be confident too given that they put to bed a four-game winless run with recent back-to-back wins.
- One thing tarnishing West Brom’s promotion charge is their questionable away form. The visitors have picked up just 38% of their points on their travels and have won just one of their last six trips (D1, L4). Despite that questionable form, they’ll hope to emulate St Nicholas and deliver a gift for their travelling supporters, and notably they do boast a good record as away league favourites this season (W4, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Cauley Woodrow broke his 11-game scoring drought for Barnsley last time out and he’s scored twice across his two H2Hs with West Brom. Meanwhile, West Brom’s Karlan Grant scored in victories with two different clubs against Barnsley (Charlton, Huddersfield) and could make that a third here.
- Hot stat: Barnsley are yet to win as pre-match outsiders in the league this season (D5, L10).