Match Preview: Atalanta 1-4 AS Roma Predictions and Betting Tips 18.12.2021
Atalanta – AS Roma Predictions & Tips For Today, December 18, 2021.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 18
Match: 15:00 Atalanta – AS Roma
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 WON!!!
Atalanta – AS Roma Match Preview
- Atalanta’s potential surge to a maiden Serie A (SA) crown continued with their second successive comeback victory in top-flight action, after they beat Verona 2-1 last time out. In turn, the ‘Goddess’ stretched her unbeaten record in the league to ten matches (W8, D2) – a run which includes victories over heavyweights Juventus and fellow title contenders Napoli.
- Losers in only one of the previous 13 H2H matches with opponents Roma, Atalanta appear to have the stamina to strike at any time under Gian Piero Gasperini. This is highlighted by the fact that they (along with reigning champions Inter Milan) are one of two SA teams to have a positive goal difference in every 15-minute period coming into the round.
- Roma got back to winning ways in the last round of SA action, triumphing 2-0 over Spezia after losing ‘to nil’ in back-to-back league matches. Though underdogs here, they have scored the majority (14) of their 26 SA goals when travelling this term, even though less than half of their overall points have come on the road.
- In an interesting side-plot, Roma manager José Mourinho faces Atalanta for the first time in over a decade. His four prior H2Hs against the hosts have consistently seen both teams score, and that echoes one of the more significant trends within Roma’s more recent visits to Atalanta, where ten of their last 11 trips have also seen both teams find the net.
- Players to watch: Josip Iličić came off the bench to provide two assists and a goal for Atalanta in this fixture last season, while Roma’s Jordan Veretout could have his own impact late on, given that his last five goals have come in the second half of play.
- Hot stat: Atalanta have seen 13 of their 17 SA matches this season produce the same half-time/full-time result.