Match Preview: Brentford 2-1 Aston Villa Predictions and Betting Tips 02.01.2022
Brentford – Aston Villa Predictions & Tips For Today, January 2, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 21
Match: 15:00 Brentford – Aston Villa
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Brentford – Aston Villa Match Preview
- After rounding 2021 off with a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of leaders Man City, Brentford begin 2022 with another home clash. It is one in which they can more realistically hope to score – despite having failed to find the net in three straight competitive games prior – given that they are unbeaten in seven league H2Hs against this game’s opponents, Aston Villa (W3, D4),
- The ‘Bees’ are usually buzzing in the New Year, and have won ‘to nil’ in each of their last two year-opening league games. However, Brentford have not won three straight league games to open a new year since 1990-92, and now face a Villa side boasting four wins from their last five Premier League (PL) trips to newly-promoted sides.
- Steven Gerrard’s tenure at Aston Villa has seen a mixed start, with the ‘Villans’ alternating between wins and defeats across their last five games, following their back-to-back successes to begin his reign. Villa currently languish in the bottom half though, and their chances of a first European campaign in more than a decade already look slim.
- Despite Villa’s inconsistency, their away form has improved of late, with two of their three away league wins this season coming in their last three trips alone. Partly because of this upturn, the ‘Villans’ travel as favourites, and encouragingly for them they are unbeaten in seven of their nine PL games this term entered as pre-match favourites home or away (W6, D1, L2).
- Players to watch: No Brentford player has scored at home since Bryan Mbeumo’s injury-time penalty winner vs Watford on December 10 – each of his last four home goals were decisive in victory. Meanwhile, Villa man Jacob Ramsey’s last five career goals have come away from home, four of which were his side’s opener on the day.
- Hot stat: Villa’s last five PL away games vs promoted opposition (W4, L1) all saw the eventual winner lead at half-time.