Match Preview: Sampdoria 1-2 Torino Predictions and Betting Tips 15.01.2022
Sampdoria – Torino Predictions & Tips For Today, January 15, 2022.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 22
Match: 15:00 Sampdoria – Torino
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Sampdoria – Torino Match Preview
- Sampdoria are only four points above the bottom three in Serie A (SA), with a winless four-game sequence prior to kick-off (D2, L2) threatening to derail their tenth successive top-flight campaign. Defeat would see the ‘Blucerchiati’ lose three consecutive SA games for the second time this season, and ominously, the previous losing run of such length included a 3-0 loss to Torino.
- The hosts’ defensive struggles at their 111-year old Luigi Ferraris Stadium continues to be an issue. Only Empoli have conceded more SA home goals than Sampdoria (23), who remain without a clean sheet here, but that may change if they can take inspiration from a mini-streak of two clean sheet SA home wins over ‘Il Toro’ prior to this clash.
- Both of those games ended 1-0, as have Torino’s last five top-flight away losses. In turn, the visitors currently lament the fewest goals (four) and points (five) in the SA away table this campaign. However, their recent four-game league form overall (W3, L1) implies that they are chasing a first top-six SA finish since 1991/92 with real purpose.
- The fact that Torino began 2022 with a 4-0 win over Fiorentina – and their first 31-minute haul of three goals in a SA fixture for nearly five years – further underlines this belief. In any case, their dire away-day numbers can be partly attributed to excessive caution rather than ineptitude, as (across all venues) they have picked up a near-best 14 first-half SA clean sheets to date.
- Players to watch: Antonio Candreva scored Sampdoria’s first goal in both SA H2Hs last campaign, including the 1-0 win here. In opposition, Josip Brekalo began 2022 with a first-half brace against Fiorentina, ensuring that his last four SA strikes have come in wins.
- Hot stat: The away side on the day has failed to score before half-time in each of the last seven competitive H2Hs.