Match Preview: Birmingham 2-2 Peterborough Predictions and Betting Tips 25.01.2022
Birmingham – Peterborough Predictions & Tips For Today, January 25, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25
Match: 20:45 Birmingham – Peterborough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Blackburn – Middlesbrough Match Preview
- Amid growing unrest around St Andrew’s which culminated in a large-scale mid-game protest against Birmingham City’s ownership group over the weekend, the ‘Blues’ hung on to claim a valuable 2-1 victory over bottom-club Barnsley to calm their own Championship relegation fears. That win leaves the hosts 12 points clear of the drop zone and third-bottom Peterborough ahead of this rearranged midweek matchup, with Lee Bowyer’s outfit knowing that another three-point haul will almost certainly already guarantee safety this campaign.
- That vital weekend win also halted a run of six straight winless Championship matches (D2, L4) for Birmingham who’ll be out for revenge in this clash given their emphatic 3-0 loss in the reverse H2H. The home side’s record of just one victory from their previous 12 league matches played on a Tuesday (D5, L6) could prove problematic, though Birmingham will be buoyed instead by their streak of never losing on home soil to Peterborough in a league outing (W3, D3).
- A 3-0 defeat away to West Bromwich Albion at the weekend made it three Championship losses in-a-row for Darren Ferguson’s visiting Peterborough side, who continue to struggle defensively, conceding three or more goals in each of those outings. That defeat also extended their run to just one win from 13 away league fixtures this campaign (L12) – despite only being down at the break on five occasions – the league’s worst away record, which doesn’t bode well for this trip to the Second City.
- With just six goals netted across those 13 away matches, Peterborough’s attack also continues to struggle away from home, further highlighted by the fact that they’ve now been held goalless during five of their last six away Championship fixtures!
- Players to watch: After scoring last time out, Birmingham’s Scott Hogan has eight league strikes this campaign, four of the last five coming after half-time. Similarly, four of Siriki Dembélé’s five Championship strikes for Peterborough have come in the second half.
- Hot stat: Since February 2013, Peterborough are winless across eight Championship matches played on a Tuesday (D6, L2).