Match Preview: Swansea 0-1 Luton Predictions and Betting Tips 01.02.2022
Swansea – Luton Predictions & Tips For Today, February 1, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25
Match: 20:45 Swansea – Luton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Swansea – Luton Match Preview
- Entering this Championship round 13 points behind the top six, Swansea City now need a near-miracle to regain their top-flight status. A 2-0 weekend loss at Hull left them with a league-high 15 goals conceded within the opening 30 minutes, but Luton Town may represent the ideal opposition, given Swansea’s return of five wins from the last seven league H2Hs.
- Swansea still boast a solid defence overall though, with only Bournemouth registering a higher percentage of clean sheets than the ‘Swans'(42%) this league campaign. That rate increases at home (58%), where a 1-0 victory last time around gives them the chance to win their first two home league games of a calendar year for only the second time since 2011.
- Speaking of defensive prowess, opponents Luton held promotion-chasing Blackburn Rovers to a goalless draw last time out. That gutsy display made it ten Championship points in January, keeping the playoffs a possibility for the ‘Hatters’, and they’ll now look to erase memories of the reverse fixture (D 3-3) which saw them surrender a 3-0 lead.
- Luton are otherwise unblemished after scoring first this league campaign (W9, D1), and they’ve also kept a clean sheet in three of their last four away Championship games. Another addition to that number would be hugely welcome for Luton, especially with only one team scoring in all three H2Hs previously held at the Liberty Stadium (W1, L2).
- Players to watch: Olivier Ntcham scored Swansea’s second goal in the reverse fixture, while his last two Championship goals have come in wins. Looking to eclipse him and have the last word will be Elijah Adebayo, who has scored Luton’s final goal of the day with his last two Championship strikes, also doing likewise in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Swansea are the only side yet to score from a set-piece this Championship campaign.