Match Preview: Marseille 5-2 Angers Predictions and Betting Tips 04.02.2022
Marseille – Angers Predictions & Tips For Today, February 4, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 23
Match: 21:00 Marseille – Angers
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:2 WON!!!
Marseille – Angers Match Preview
- Despite leading until the 76th minute against Lyon in midweek, Marseille somehow conspired to lose, in turn snapping their nine-game unbeaten run in competitive action. Their aim to finish second and directly qualify for the Champions League remains very much alive though, and it’s Marseille’s defence that has been the cornerstone of their success this season, with the team keeping a clean sheet in a league-best 50% of their games. That’s helped contribute to Marseille’s best defensive record (GA18) at this stage since 2010/11 – a season that saw them finish second.
- However, Marseille are ranked just 11th in terms of home form after dropping points in six of their previous eight league games here (W2, D4, L2). The nine-time Ligue 1 champions desperately need a turnaround in home fortunes, but a scoring drought where Marseille have failed to score more than a single goal in any of their last six home league matches may continue to plague them.
- Midtable Angers have won just one of their last five Ligue 1 outings (D1, L3) and a 1-0 home defeat against a struggling St Étienne side last time out was a low point. The visitors are clear outsiders here, but that may not be bad news as the pre-match underdog on the day has lost a joint-league low 32% of games involving ‘Le SCO’ this campaign (W7, D8, L7)!
- They’ve also been relatively hard to beat on the road (W2, D7, L2), and that’s despite starting eight of those 11 games as the outsider themselves! Their dogged attitude to grind out results means Angers’ tally of two away losses at this stage is their least since 1966/67, but if they’re to get something out of this game don’t be surprised to see the referee award an Angers penalty – they’ve scored a league-high 25% of their Ligue 1 goals from the spot this campaign.
- Players to watch: Cengiz Ünder has scored Marseille’s opener in five of his six goalscoring Ligue 1 matches. Angers’ potential hero could be Thomas Mangani as he’s scored 17 (68%) of his 25 career Ligue 1 goals from the spot, including three at Marseille.
- Hot stat: Four of the last five H2Hs held here have seen the opening goal scored within 20 minutes.