Match Preview: Augsburg 2-0 Union Berlin Predictions and Betting Tips 05.02.2022
Augsburg – Union Berlin Predictions & Tips For Today, February 5, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 21
Match: 15:30 Augsburg – Union Berlin
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Augsburg – Union Berlin Match Preview
- This fixture between Augsburg and Union Berlin represents a clash between two teams at opposite ends of both the German top flight and form table. Augsburg are winless in five Bundesliga encounters (D3, L2), representing their longest such run this season, whilst they’ve also failed to score more than a single goal in each of those encounters. That sheds some light on why they head into this gameweek with only three sides having scored fewer league goals than their 20.
- Although Augsburg’s poor league form has dragged them into the relegation zone, they’ve still lost only one of their last seven home league matches (W3, D3), and that’s despite conceding first in each of the last three. They’ve also only dropped two points against Union Berlin since the start of last season (W2, D1), therefore they’ll be hoping this is the fixture that can re-launch their stuttering campaign.
- Although recent H2H form is against Union Berlin, they’re flying high at present and enjoying the division’s joint-longest unbeaten run (five games – W3, D2). That has contributed to ‘Die Eisernen’ securing their highest-ever Bundesliga points tally after 20 matches (34) and their dream of securing Champions League qualification for the first time ever appears to grow each week.
- A dominant record against sides currently situated inside the bottom ten should give Union the confidence they need to build further upon that record here. They’ve lost only one game against such an opponent this season (W7, D2), scoring exactly twice in five of those matches, whilst Union have also scored exactly two goals in each of their last three league clashes against all opponents (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: Augsburg’s Michael Gregoritsch has scored four league goals this season, but on each occasion, his side failed to win (D2, L2). The recent sale of Max Kruse, plus Taiwo Awoniyi’s AFCON involvement means that Union will need new forward Sven Michel to start with a bang here.
- Hot stat: Augsburg have conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes (nine) than any other Bundesliga side.