Match Preview: Coventry 1-1 Blackpool Predictions and Betting Tips 08.02.2022
Coventry – Blackpool Predictions & Tips For Today, February 8, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 31
Match: 20:45 Coventry – Blackpool
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Coventry – Blackpool Match Preview
- Three losses from their last five Championship outings (W2), including in their previous league match vs Middlesbrough (L 1-0), has seen Coventry slump to five points off the top-six pace, but with two games in hand a playoff push is still possible. A 2-1 extra-time FA Cup loss to Premier League outfit Southampton over the weekend may have further dented confidence, but the ‘Sky Blues’ will look to bounce back here by completing a historic first-ever league double over Blackpool after winning 1-0 in the reverse fixture.
- That H2H victory forms part of Coventry’s 100% winning league record against newly-promoted sides this season (W4), three of which came ‘to nil’. That impressive record could be at risk though as Coventry’s Championship home form has nose-dived in recent months (W1, D1, L3), but at the very least another close encounter appears likely as nine of their last ten won/lost matches have come via a one-goal margin.
- Visiting Blackpool sit on the same points tally as Coventry as they too eye a late playoff push. That lofty ambition has been aided by a four-match unbeaten Championship run (W3, D1) which culminated in a 3-1 win over Bristol City at the weekend, though their away performances this league campaign continue to keep them rooted in midtable (W3, D5, L5).
- If anything those away performances have gotten worse recently, with Neil Critchley’s outfit winless across five previous away league outings (D2, L3) – their worst such run since October 2020. Despite the negatives the ‘Seasiders’ can’t be written off as they’ve built a reputation for fighting to the end after taking the joint-most away points after falling behind so far (W2, D4, L5).
- Players to watch: Not only did Viktor Gyökeres open the scoring in FA Cup action at the weekend, but he did so in the reverse H2H too – one of six league games this season that saw him strike first. Gary Madine also struck last time out for Blackpool, and his last three Championship goals have now come between the 18th and 40th minute.
- Hot stat: Coventry have recorded a joint-league low 39 yellow cards.