Match Preview: Alaves 2-1 Valencia Predictions and Betting Tips 13.02.2022
Alaves – Valencia Predictions & Tips For Today, February 13, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 24
Match: 14:00 Alaves – Valencia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Alaves – Valencia Match Preview
- Following a poor 3-1 defeat at Elche to start February, Alavés entered the new week six points adrift of a safe spot, having also played a game more than 17th-placed Mallorca. Their current points-per-game tally puts them on course for just 28 points – significantly below the 39 they recorded during the club’s last relegation season (2005/06).
- Alavés are also winless in league action following the November international break (D4, L7), but if there is any consolation for them, they have been level at the hour mark in each of their previous three La Liga (LL) home defeats. They never completely give up here either, with just one of their previous nine home league matches seeing them concede twice or more.
- There has been little sign of the sleeping giant Valencia awakening, with a soporific 0-0 draw against Sociedad seeing them spend midweek just below halfway. The result marked a fifth league game without victory (D2, L3), but another loss here seems unthinkable, as Valencia aim to maintain an unbeaten record as away day favourites in league action this term (W1, D1), while extending their six-game unbeaten run versus Alavés (W3, D3).
- While Valencia have recorded just one clean-sheet league win on the road since the start of October 2020, they netted four goals in their most recent away match against a team that entered February in the bottom three (W4-3). They’ve also scored on each of their last seven trips to Mendizorroza, last failing to do so in December 2002.
- Players to watch: Joselu is Alaves’ only scorer across their last four goalscoring LL home games (W1, D2, L1), with all three matches won/drawn seeing them recover from a half-time deficit. They should certainly watch out for Carlos Soler after the interval though, as he netted a second-half brace in Valencia’s latest away league victory and scored in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Each of Valencia’s last four LL away games against eventually-relegated opposition have produced under 1.5 goals.