Match Preview: Mallorca 3-2 Ath Bilbao Predictions and Betting Tips 14.02.2022
Mallorca – Ath Bilbao Predictions & Tips For Today, February 14, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 24
Match: 21:00 Mallorca – Ath Bilbao
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Mallorca – Ath Bilbao Match Preview
- Mallorca netted a penalty in either half of their vital 2-1 win over fellow strugglers Cádiz last weekend to give themselves breathing space above the relegation zone, particularly as they’ve got a game in hand over those around them. That win not only snapped an alarming run of four straight league defeats, but also saw them score before half-time for the first time in four LL outings.
- With just two league losses at Son Moix all season (W3, D6), Mallorca’s home form could be what saves them from the drop, but the chances of them adding a fourth win here appears slim considering they haven’t won any of their last four home H2Hs vs Athletic Bilbao (D2, L2), whilst also failing to score in each of the last three.
- Firmly established in the top half, Athletic’s push for European qualification is gathering pace as the Basque outfit are now unbeaten in four LL matches (W3, D1). Despite twice going behind within the opening ten minutes across those unbeaten games, each of their last five league matches have all witnessed the same HT/FT outcome.
- That highlights Athletic’s fighting qualities, as does seeing off both Barcelona and Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey within the last month, and they’ve proven difficult to beat on the road too with just one LL away defeat this term (W3, D8). They’re favourites to come away with another result here, but if the European hopefuls end up with yet another stalemate – no side across Europe’s top-five divisions has registered more away league draws than Athletic’s eight – they may look back on this season as one filled with missed opportunities on their travels.
- Players to watch: Veteran Salva Sevilla, 37, scored penalties in two of Mallorca’s last five home league matches – interestingly, his first successful spot-kick in LL (for Real Betis) was against Athletic back in September 2011! Another experienced performer, 35-year-old Raúl García, registered a goal and an assist in Athletic’s last two matches.
- Hot stat: There’s been four penalties scored in Mallorca’s last three competitive fixtures (W1, L2).