Match Preview: Derby 1-2 Millwall Predictions and Betting Tips 23.02.2022
Derby – Millwall Predictions & Tips For Today, February 23, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 34
Match: 20:45 Derby – Millwall
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Derby – Millwall Match Preview
- Things are finally looking up for Derby County, as a last-gasp winner against relegation rivals Peterborough last time out lifted them out of the Championship’s bottom two for the first time this season! Now with 21st-placed Reading firmly in their sights, Derby know they must continue a six-game unbeaten run of home games to keep the pressure on (W5, D1).
- If not for their 21-point deduction, Derby would be comfortably mid-table, which is a testament to the togetherness that manager Wayne Rooney has nurtured at the club. Home form has been key to that success on the pitch, with no side seeing a greater disparity between average points earned at home (1.88) and away (0.75) than Derby.
- Looking to spoil the party are mid-table Millwall, who have managed four unbeaten games across the last five Championship matchdays (W3, D1). With their weekend game falling foul of Storm Eunice, Millwall arrive with fresher legs, as they seek a fourth straight H2H away win for the first time in this fixture’s 119-year history.
- Gary Rowett’s side have lost three straight Championship matches on the road though, and will be looking to avoid making that four in a row for the first time since September 2018. Such a fate could be avoided if H2H history plays its part, as the away side on the day is unbeaten in each of the last six mutual clashes (W5, D1).
- Players to watch: Luke Plange could be a focal point for the hosts, with all three of his Derby goals this term being team openers. After wearing the Derby shirt between 2011-2020, Millwall’s Mason Bennett will look to extend his two-game scoring streak, with what would be his first goal against his former club at the third attempt.
- Hot stat: There have been four red cards shown across Derby’s last six matches – three were shown to Derby.