Match Preview: Southampton 2-0 Norwich Predictions and Betting Tips 25.02.2022
Southampton – Norwich Predictions & Tips For Today, February 25, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 27
Match: 21:00 Southampton – Norwich
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Southampton – Norwich Match Preview
- Southampton’s brilliant resurgence under manager Ralph Hasenhüttl sees him emerging as a contender for February’s Premier League (PL) ‘Manager of the Month’ after a 2-0 win at home to Everton completed a fourth run of four PL matches without defeat this season (W2, D2). Hasenhüttl’s next challenge is to extend that to five PL games without loss, something his club are yet to achieve in 2021/22.
- The ‘Saints’ now sit closer to the top six than the relegation zone points-wise after netting their largest 25-game points haul since 2015/16, boasting an impressive eight different goalscorers across their last six PL matches. Whilst that will warm the heart of Hasenhüttl, a former striker himself, their first clean sheet in 13 PL fixtures last time out suggests that they continue to discover new areas of strength.
- Perhaps the only surprise about Norwich’s back-to-back defeats to Manchester City (0-4) and Liverpool (1-3) over the last fortnight, which keeps them bottom of the table, was becoming just the third visiting side to open the scoring at Anfield this PL season. That said, with Norwich holding fewer points (17) at this stage of the season than during the last three in which they were relegated from the top flight, more misery could yet be just around the corner.
- The ‘Canaries’ have drawn just one of their last 11 PL matches (W2, D1, L8), and the history of manager Dean Smith, who has never played out a draw with either Southampton (W3, L5) or Ralph Hasenhüttl (W2, L4), suggests that one side will be walking away the victor again here.
- Players to watch: Che Adams’ six PL goalscoring appearances for Southampton this season includes the match opener in the previous H2H, whilst the referee ought to keep a close eye on Norwich defender Brandon Williams who’s picked up three bookings in his last four competitive appearances.
- Hot stat: Six of Norwich’s last seven away games in all competitions have seen just one side score (W3, L4).