Match Preview: AC Milan 0-0 Inter Predictions and Betting Tips 01.03.2022
AC Milan – Inter Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 1, 2022.
League: ITALY: COPPA ITALIA – SEMI-FINALS
Match: 21:00 AC Milan – Inter
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
AC Milan – Inter Match Preview
- The 231st edition of the ‘Derby della Madonnina’ sees fierce city rivals AC Milan and Inter Milan face off in the first leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final, and with both only drawing their respective Serie A fixtures on Friday, the title-challenging pair will be eyeing an opportunity to regain momentum and get one over their rivals in this clash.
- AC Milan needed extra-time to beat Genoa 3-1 in the ‘Round of 16’ before dispatching Lazio 4-0 in the quarter-final and are seeking revenge after losing 2-1 when these two sides met at that stage last season. Manager Stefano Pioli will be hopeful of avoiding a repeat given his side are now on a six-match unbeaten run across all competitions (W3, D3), the last five all witnessing scoring before half-time.
- Inter still maintain the overall H2H lead though (W84, D68, L78), despite losing early February’s league H2H 2-1. But they’re currently stuck on a four-match competitive winless streak (D2, L2), and with both of those defeats coming ‘to nil’ and at this venue, the seven-time Coppa Italia champions are certainly fallible at the San Siro.
- With both teams frustrated by the lack of progress towards building a new stadium, they could be playing at the San Siro for longer than they’d hoped as they try to break a sequence of no Milan-based side lifting this trophy since Inter did so back in 2010/11. AC Milan fans have been waiting even longer as their club won its fifth title back in 2002/03 and with plenty at stake on this occasion, expect a very close battle, especially as none of the last five Coppa Italia H2Hs saw either side win by more than one clear goal (Inter: W3, D1, L1)
- Players to watch: Olivier Giroud has scored three times in AC Milan’s two Coppa Italia matches this term, netting the game’s second goal on both occasions. Meanwhile Inter’s Edin Džeko has scored ten of his 14 competitive club strikes this campaign after half-time.
- Hot stat: Inter opened the scoring within the opening 15 minutes during three of their last four Coppa Italia matches.