Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 1-1 Nottingham Predictions and Betting Tips 04.03.2022
Sheffield Utd – Nottingham Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 4, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 36
Match: 20:45 Sheffield Utd – Nottingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Sheffield Utd – Nottingham Match Preview
- After a 1-0 loss to Millwall halted their nine-game unbeaten Championship run (W6, D3) manager Paul Heckingbottom will be keen for Sheffield United to bounce back with another inspiring run here. They’re now set to play their eighth league game since the start of February, but motivation shouldn’t be in short supply as the ‘Blades’ remain just a point outside the playoff places as they aim for an immediate return to the Premier League (PL), and to avoid back-to-back Championship seasons, something that has happened only once in the past decade.
- Despite that recent loss, Sheffield United have kept seven clean sheets in their last nine Championship games and a return to Bramall Lane appears favourable. The hosts remain the only Championship home side unbeaten since November (W5, D2), keeping a clean sheet in all seven of those matches, so it could be their backline that provides the legs for a move into the top six.
- Nottingham Forest will be a tricky opponent though, considering a win would extend their four-game unbeaten league run (W2, D2) and see Forest leapfrog Sheffield United and move provisionally into the playoff places themselves. That just shows how tight this playoff battle is becoming, and there’s no doubt manager Steve Cooper has raised hopes of ending Forest’s long top-flight exile since their last PL season back in 1998/99.
- Like their opponents, those promotion hopes have been built on a mean defensive unit that’s conceded less goals than all teams bar three this Championship season. However there’s work to do on the road, with Forest picking up only three wins from their last nine Championship away games (D4, L2). With four of their last six conceded away goals arriving beyond the hour mark – a period they conceded in during the 1-1 reverse fixture too – Forest must guard against late goals derailing their playoff charge.
- Players to watch: Billy Sharp could spring late having netted Sheffield United’s last strike in five of his previous six Championship home scoring games. Challenging him will be James Garner who has been Forest’s lucky charm as his last three Championship goals came in 2-0 wins.
- Hot stat: Forest remain the only Championship side yet to concede more than a goal before half-time.