Match Preview: Atletico Madrid 2-1 Cadiz CF Predictions and Betting Tips 11.03.2022
Atletico Madrid – Cadiz CF Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 11, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 28
Match: 21:00 Atletico Madrid – Cadiz CF
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Atletico Madrid – Cadiz CF Match Preview
- Atlético Madrid manager Diego Simeone was so keen to put last month’s shock loss to Levante behind him that he declared the remainder of the season a “14 game league”, and it seems to be a thoroughly effective change of mindset. His side have since strung together three consecutive La Liga (LL) victories after a comprehensive 3-1 win at Betis – their longest winning streak of this league season – to move within reach of third place and another UEFA Champions League appearance.
- Whilst the eight goals piled on across those three wins is nothing new for a club that has averaged 1.85 goals per game this LL campaign, the consecutive clean sheets prior to their trip to Betis was the first time this season they achieved such a feat in league football. It’s a habit they’ll be keen to develop, although that may not be required against a Cádiz side they’ve hit four goals against in each of the last three LL meetings and not lost to since 1989 (W9, D4)
- The visitors are also arguably in the best form of their current LL journey, taking points from four consecutive league outings for the first time in 2021/22. The most promising aspect of that improvement is three clean sheets from those four games, after three from their prior 15 LL games, and they could potentially exit the relegation zone with another positive result here.
- A top-four contender hosting a relegation fighter might appear a complete mismatch on paper, but through draws away to Real Madrid (0-0), Real Betis (1-1) and Villarreal (3-3) this season, Cádiz have demonstrated they can match it with the best.
- Players to watch: In addition to opening the scoring within ten minutes in three of his last four competitive starts, João Félix registered a double in his only home appearance against Cádiz. For the visitors, Rubén Alcaraz has recorded the opening goal in two of their last five games.
- Hot stat: Cádiz started the round as one of four clubs to have conceded 2+ first-half goals just once this season (away to Rayo Vallecano).