Match Preview: Levante 1-1 Espanyol Predictions and Betting Tips 12.03.2022
Levante – Espanyol Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 12, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 28
Match: 14:00 Levante – Espanyol
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Levante – Espanyol Match Preview
- It proved to be a miserable Monday for Levante as a 3-1 loss to Athletic Bilbao halted the club’s prior three-match unbeaten La Liga (LL) run (W2, D1), a result that leaves Alessio Lisci’s side rock-bottom of the Spanish top flight. With just three wins this league season from 27 matches, they’ll need to dust themselves down and go again versus Espanyol, though a winless record across the previous four competitive home H2Hs will be worrisome for Levante fans (D2, L2).
- Levante also found themselves on the wrong end of a 4-3 reverse fixture loss earlier in the campaign, a match that contributed to their now LL-worst tally of 54 goals conceded. With just two wins across 13 home league matches this campaign (D6, L5) and with four of those five losses coming by a 2+ goal margin, more misery wouldn’t surprise even if Levante did manage to win last time out at this venue (3-0 v Elche).
- A routine 2-0 victory at home to Getafe at the weekend finally halted Espanyol’s run of seven LL matches without a win (D3, L4) and in turn, pushed the Barcelona-based outfit up to 12th in the standings and further away from the bottom three.
- That said, Espanyol will still enter this clash nervously after winning just once on the road all season in the league (D4, L8). That streak also extends further into their last top-flight campaign (2019/20) with just one win across 22 away outings, a lengthy run that has seen the ‘Periquitos’ fail to score on ten separate occasions!
- Players to watch: Levante’s Jorge de Frutos is in fine form of late, making five direct goal contributions across his last five LL appearances (G2, A3), whilst Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomás has struck 13 LL goals this campaign – including one in the reverse victory – with seven of those coming between the 39th and 55th minutes.
- Hot stat: Both of these sides have received six red cards this LL campaign – the joint-highest tally in the competition.