Match Preview: AZ Alkmaar 2-1 Bodo/Glimt Predictions and Betting Tips 17.03.2022
AZ Alkmaar – Bodo/Glimt Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 17, 2022.
League: EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Match: 18:45 AZ Alkmaar – Bodo/Glimt
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
AZ Alkmaar – Bodo/Glimt Match Preview
- A tough period for AZ Alkmaar continued after their bruising first-leg defeat in this UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) Round of 16 tie. A 1-0 weekend defeat to Twente weakened their prospects of a top-three Eredivisie finish, putting a new weight of importance on the ‘Cheeseheads’ reaching their first European quarter-final since 2014.
- For all their first-leg failings, AZ are richly fancied to augment a current 16-game unbeaten run in European home matches (W9, D7). The hosts can but hope that history repeats itself, as AZ’s last two-legged tie against Norwegian opponents saw them lose the away leg by a 2-1 scoreline before winning 6-0 back in Alkmaar (vs Aalesunds).
- The rise of Bodø/Glimt has been nothing short of phenomenal, especially as they are still technically in pre-season and working up to full throttle. Champions of Norway for the first time in 2020, they have gone on to wow the continent this season, with a 3-1 victory vs Celtic in their last trip abroad the latest in a string of headline grabbers – though it was only the club’s second success across 11 European away games this century (D4, L5).
- A continuation of the Norwegian outfit’s current five-game unbeaten run of UECL away games would see them through (W1, D4). Reassuringly for them, Bodø/Glimt have progressed from four of the five prior UEFA ties in which they won the first leg at home.
- Players to watch: Former Bodø/Glimt man Håkon Evjen got amongst the action with a yellow card in the reverse leg, while all seven of his goalscoring games since leaving for AZ also saw both teams score. For Bodø/Glimt, Ola Solbakken has contributed to goals in all three appearances since their return to action in 2022 (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Nineteen of AZ’s 24 competitive wins this season have produced at least three total goals.