Match Preview: Wolves 2-3 Leeds Predictions and Betting Tips 18.03.2022
Wolves – Leeds Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 18, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 30
Match: 21:00 Wolves – Leeds
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
Wolves – Leeds Match Preview
- Back-to-back victories ‘to nil’ has served to keep Wolverhampton Wanderers’ European dreams alive for now, though manager Bruno Lage has warned that he “will not allow anyone to relax” after suffering three straight defeats prior to those consecutive wins. Wolves remain within touching distance of the top six as a result, but anything other than victory could see them slip away by the end of the weekend.
- Finding some consistency at home will be key in the run-in as Wolves have posted alternating results across their last nine Premier League (PL) encounters at Molineux (W4, D2, L3). An extra incentive to record back-to-back home league wins for the first time since November will come from the fact they can equal their longest-ever run of unbeaten H2Hs with Leeds United in this fixture’s 101-year history (W5, D1).
- The Jesse Marsch era at Leeds finally got underway as the American manager oversaw his first victory at the third time of asking courtesy of a stoppage time goal from Joe Gelhardt. That victory meant that the Yorkshire side avoided an unwanted club record of straight league defeats after losing six PL games prior (L6) and moved them four points clear of the bottom three.
- Like their recent 2-1 victory over Norwich, another return of two goals may be necessary to win again here, considering that Leeds possess both the PL’s worst defensive record (65 conceded) and a joint league-low three clean sheets (10%) – only one of which came away. In fact Leeds have played 297 minutes without scoring a goal, though they’ve conceded ten in reply!
- Players to watch: Raúl Jiménez has made a goal contribution in three of Wolves’ four wins since the start of February (G2, A1) – both goals were match openers within 15 minutes. For Leeds, top-scorer Raphinha (G9) has bagged the match opener in six of his nine scoring appearances this season.
- Hot stat: Wolves have failed to score in a joint PL high eight home games this season (57%).