Match Preview: Poland 2-0 Sweden Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2022
Poland – Sweden Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 29, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – PROMOTION – FINAL
Match: 19:45 Poland – Sweden
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Poland – Sweden Preview
- A place at Qatar 2022 awaits for either Poland or Sweden in this winner takes all clash in Chorzów. Having been handed a semi-final bye due to Russia’s ban from international football, Poland now have home advantage here, though having lost their last home outing against FIFA’s 41st-ranked side Hungary (2-1), there may be jitters that 17th-ranked Sweden could inflict further misery.
- Poland have only featured in three of the last eight World Cup tournaments, and their warm-up for this huge match could be viewed as far from ideal, although the Poles may be buoyed by a stoppage time equaliser against Scotland last week (1-1). Though that confidence may take a hit when you consider Poland have lost six consecutive H2Hs vs Sweden by an aggregate score of 14-3!
- Sweden’s path to this final World Cup Qualification (WCQ) clash saw them taken to extra-time as they edged out the Czech Republic (1-0) in their respective semi-final. A trip to Poland is likely to prove tough for the Swedes as well, who have won just three of their last 11 WCQ away games (D1, L7), with all three victories coming against sides ranked worse than #90 by FIFA.
- It’s not just WCQ away games in which Sweden have struggled as they’ve also lost seven of their last eight away internationals (W1), conceding 2+ goals in six of those losses. Don’t expect a wealth of goals here though, especially during the first half as just one of the last 13 goals Sweden have either scored or conceded arrived inside the opening 45 minutes.
- Players to watch: Krzysztof Piątek netted Poland’s late equaliser against Scotland, but his last three goals at club level have been game openers. Meanwhile, Robin Quaison scored the decisive goal against the Czech Republic for Sweden, and five of his previous seven international goals have now been the last of the game.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in 12 of Poland’s last 14 internationals.