Match Preview: Ath Bilbao 2-1 Elche Predictions and Betting Tips 03.04.2022
Ath Bilbao – Elche Predictions & Tips For Today, April 3, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 30
Match: 13:00 Getafe – Mallorca
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Ath Bilbao – Elche Preview
- A late push for the European spots is still on the cards for Athletic Bilbao, who’s hopes of a first top-six finish since 2015/16 has been hampered by disappointing results. Most recently, a 1-1 draw against a Getafe side that once looked doomed saw Athletic play most of the second half with a numerical advantage, but they still failed to score after the opposition’s first red card.
- The San Mamés crowd could be a short-term answer to Los Leones’ problems, as the Basque outfit have started 2022 undefeated here in seven home games (W5, D2). They’ve also lost just one of their previous 22 top-flight matches played at home against Elche (W15, D6).
- Elche’s lofty hopes of challenging for a top-ten finish took a plunge in the weeks prior to the international break, with three losses in their previous four La Liga (LL) games. Now just six points above the relegation zone prior to the weekend, Elche may take inspiration from recent H2H memories against their opponents here, whom they beat 2-0 on the final day of last season to survive.
- That win came on home turf though, and ‘Los Franjiverdes’ haven’t had the best time of it on their travels, securing only 12 of their total 32 points on the road this season. Journeys to the Basque country also seem to be daunting for Elche, as they’ve lost their last four away league games in the autonomous region, each time without finding the net.
- Players to watch: Athletic youngster Oihan Sancet has scored four of his six LL goals this season before half-time, while Elche’s Pere Milla has seen seven of his 11 prior LL goals come away from home, including one matchwinner in the Basque country (vs Alavés, Oct 2020).
- Hot stat: Across Athletic’s 24 LL games this season to produce any goals, the team that opened the scoring avoided defeat 22 times.