Match Preview: Crystal Palace 3-0 Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips 04.04.2022
Crystal Palace – Arsenal Predictions & Tips For Today, April 4, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 31
Match: 20:00 Crystal Palace – Arsenal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Crystal Palace – Arsenal Preview
- Many questioned the appointment of Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira as Crystal Palace boss over the summer after a lacklustre spell in charge of French side Nice. But after guiding the ‘Eagles’ to mid-table safety after a four-game unbeaten league run, fans are now buying into Palace’s new exciting brand of ‘front-foot’ football, with the focus now on youth.
- That style has been more suited on their travels recently than at home, where they haven’t won in five Premier League (PL) games (D2, L3) including two London derby defeats. They did claim a point against Manchester City in their last home league game though, to compliment a famous victory at the Etihad earlier this season, but Arsenal have proved a tough nut to crack at Selhurst over the years, with Palace recording just one win here versus their North London foes since 1979 (D7, L10).
- Mikel Arteta and his even more youthful Arsenal side will be out to continue an excellent run of league form since mid-December that has seen them rack up ten wins from 13 PL games. That performance – backed by seven clean sheets – has made this improving and durable new Arsenal side favourites to claim the much coveted fourth Champions League spot.
- With five of their seven away league wins this season coming across their last five road trips, Arsenal head to South London in confident mood. Strong starts have been the theme, with the ‘Gunners’ ahead at half-time in each of those seven wins, and another fast start here could see them record their longest run of consecutive PL away victories since 2013.
- Players to watch: Arsenal rank as Palace forward Christian Benteke’s joint-favourite club opponent, with nine goal contributions against them over the years (G6, A3). Arsenal’s Nicolas Pépé scored two goals here last season in a 3-1 win, and scored against France during the international break.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last nine H2Hs saw both teams score.