Match Preview: Cadiz CF 1-2 Betis Predictions and Betting Tips 09.04.2022
Cadiz CF – Betis Predictions & Tips For Today, April 9, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 31
Match: 13:00 Cadiz CF – Betis
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Cadiz CF – Betis Preview
- Cádiz’s dramatic 90th-minute winner in their last home game before the international break (1-0 vs Villarreal) drew scenes of wild celebration around the Estadio Nuevo Mirandilla, and reignited the club’s hopes of achieving survival in successive La Liga (LL) campaigns for the first time since 1991/92. However, the ‘Pirates’ remain marooned in LL’s lowest safe spot (17th).
- Here, Sergio González’s men have the chance to win three straight LL home games for the very first time this century. However, Cádiz still have to overcome their struggles when faced with better sides, after taking just a single point and scoring a solitary goal across three prior LL home matches against teams entering April inside the top five.
- At the other end of the table, Real Betis reignited their dwindling hopes of a first top-three finish in LL since 1995 by thrashing Osasuna 4-1 at the weekend. It was clear proof of the Verdiblancos’ intent to heed the words of their manager Manuel Pellegrini, who stated last Friday that the best way to prepare for their Copa del Rey final was to win every league game convincingly.
- In terms of LL results, Betis have largely travelled ‘convincingly’ so far in 2022 as well (W2, D2, L1). While the last of those trips (0-0 vs Celta Vigo) saw Betis land just one shot on target, the return of the then-absent Nabil Fekir should provide a massive boost – especially as he netted twice in Betis’ last LL away win!
- Players to watch: Cádiz’s last home win came courtesy of Rubén Sobrino’s injury-time winner against Villarreal – also his first goal of the season – meaning both of his prior goals for the ‘Pirates’ have proven decisive in 1-0 wins. As for Betis, Juanmi was unstoppable against Osasuna last weekend (G2, A2), combining twice with Álex Moreno on the day.
- Hot stat: Betis are the only top-half team yet to score inside the 61st-75th minute period of an away league game.