Match Preview: Brentford 2-0 West Ham Predictions and Betting Tips 10.04.2022
Brentford – West Ham Predictions & Tips For Today, April 10, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 32
Match: 14:00 Brentford – West Ham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Brentford – West Ham Preview
- It would perhaps be unfair to pin Brentford’s fine recent form on just one man, but the return to action of Christian Eriksen has coincided with three wins from his three starts as a ‘Bee’. There’s now a real buzz around the Brentford Community Stadium again on the back of a famous 4-1 victory at Stamford Bridge last time out, a result which all but assured Brentford a second season in the top-flight.
- Thomas Frank’s side will fancy their chances of strengthening their league position here against West Ham United, given that Brentford have earned 11 points from their eight Premier League (PL) London derbies so far (W3, D2, L3). Adding another tally in the ‘win’ column here would also see Brentford become the first newly-promoted team to win ten games in their first PL season since Bournemouth in 2015/16!
- A spirited ten-man West Ham secured a 1-1 draw with Lyon in the first leg of their UEFA Europa League quarter-final in midweek, but their attention must quickly switch back to domestic action as they hunt another top-six finish. With as many as five teams vying for as few as three European spots though, victory is necessary here, especially as all of their rivals play before them this weekend.
- Losing six of their last ten PL away games (W2, D2), the ‘Hammers’ have struggled on the road of late. A tight affair should be expected regardless as four of those six losses came via a single-goal margin, whilst the other two losses were rounded off with West Ham conceding after the 85th minute to make the scoreline perhaps a little more flattering to their opposition.
- Players to watch: Ivan Toney has notched six goal involvements in four starts since his return from injury (G5, A1), whilst West Ham’s Jarrod Bowen knows that one more PL goal would see him become the first ‘Hammers’ Englishman to hit double figures since Kevin Nolan in 2012/13.
- Hot stat: Only three PL referees have a lower yellow card average than this game’s official, Martin Atkinson, this season (2.4).