Match Preview: Rayo Vallecano 1-1 Valencia Predictions and Betting Tips 11.04.2022
Rayo Vallecano – Valencia Predictions & Tips For Today, April 11, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 31
Match: 20:00 Rayo Vallecano – Valencia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Rayo Vallecano – Valencia Preview
- Rayo Vallecano came into 2022 inside La Liga’s (LL) top four and harbouring fairytale dreams of qualifying for the Champions League. However, they’ve fallen apart during the second half of the campaign and remain without a LL win this calendar year (D3, L8). That’s their worst winless run in a single top-flight campaign since 2003.
- A consequence of this troublesome form is that the once European hopefuls have now slipped right down the table and start the gameweek in 13th and just seven points clear of the relegation zone. Rayo Vallecano clearly can’t afford many more defeats, so might be happy to see Valencia come to town as they’re actually undefeated in their last four home LL H2Hs against their opponents (W2, D2) – keeping clean sheets in three!
- However Valencia are building plenty of momentum heading into the business end of the season after going on a run of five LL matches without a loss (W3, D2). They’ll want to continue that good form here, though it’s likely that more of the same will provide nothing more than a confidence boost going into next season, as José Bordalás’ men head into the weekend ninth and a sizable ten points behind the top six.
- A leaky defence is a big reason why Valencia won’t have more to play for this season, as only four LL sides have conceded more goals than their 43. However, that defence looks to be one of the facets of their game that’s had extra work on the training ground in recent weeks, based on the fact that Valencia have kept three successive LL clean sheets and are now chasing a fourth consecutively for the first time since 2013.
- Players to watch: Rayo midfielder Bebé has scored second-half strikes in two of his last four competitive club appearances. Similarly, opponent Gonçalo Guedes has scored two second-half goals across his last four LL road trips for Valencia.
- Hot stat: Both Rayo and Valencia’s last two games in LL action, respectively, produced a red card.