Match Preview: Napoli 1-1 AS Roma Predictions and Betting Tips 18.04.2022
Napoli – AS Roma Predictions & Tips For Today, April 18, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 33
Match: 18:00 Napoli – AS Roma
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Napoli – AS Roma Match Preview
- Napoli’s Serie A (SA) title ambitions are very much still alive with six games remaining this season, though they do face the potential disadvantage of playing after their fellow title contenders. Napoli also face perhaps one of the toughest fixtures on paper as they lock horns with Roma for the 150th time in SA, and it is Roma who currently hold the historical advantage (Napoli: W46, D51, L52).
- The ‘Derby del Sole’ has at least born fruit for Napoli of late after they won four of the last six H2Hs (D1, L1), but after losing their last SA outing against Fiorentina 3-2, confidence in the ‘Gli Azzurri’ ranks could be depleted after they missed the chance to claim top spot. It’s home form that has held Napoli back from walking away with the league this season, as their eight home losses so far this season, five of which have come in SA, is their most since the turn of the century.
- Roma booked their ticket to the UEFA Europa Conference League semi-finals with an emphatic 4-0 victory over Bodø/Glimt, setting up a last-four date with Leicester in the process. José Mourinho’s side must quickly regain their focus, with a UEFA Champions League place courtesy of a top-four SA finish still an outside possibility, but it would surely require victory here to keep pace with Juventus in fourth.
- An 11-match unbeaten SA run (W7, D4) shows Roma are by no means out of the top-four race yet, but the fact five of the seven wins during that time came via a single goal margin proves nothing is ever quite cut-and-dry with the ‘Giallorossi’. Adding another win to that column would require Mourinho to do something he has never done before too – win on Napoli soil (D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Napoli’s Victor Osimhen has contributed to six goals (G5, A1) in his last three SA appearances – four of those goals arrived after the break. Meanwhile, Roma’s Lorenzo Pellegrini has seen three of his last four SA goals come from a direct free-kick.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, no side has scored more SA goals than Napoli in the 15 minutes following half-time (15).