Match Preview: Torino 2-1 Spezia Predictions and Betting Tips 23.04.2022
Torino – Spezia Predictions & Tips For Today, April 23, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 34
Match: 14:00 Torino – Spezia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!Torino – Spezia Preview
- A first top-ten Serie A (SA) finish since 2018/19 is still achievable for Torino, but they are sleepwalking to the end of the season with a lone win across 11 league games (W1, D6, L4). Four of those matches saw Ivan Jurić’s side drop points after scoring first (D3, L1), and considering Torino are also SA’s worst side when it comes to retrieving points after conceding first (four), they could have a battle on their hands whoever gets on the scoreboard early!
- Their recent poor form extends to this venue as the ‘Maroons’ remain winless across five SA home matches (D3, L2) after winning six of their previous seven games at the Stadio Olimpico di Torino. Despite the league table saying otherwise, Spezia may not be the ideal guest to help them snap their winless run here, as Torino have never won a SA H2H following their 1-0 loss in the reverse fixture (D1, L2).
- Despite a 3-1 defeat to title contenders Inter Milan last time around, Spezia maintain an 11-point cushion to the relegation zone which should be enough to secure their top-flight status for a third successive season due to the recent shortcomings of their relegation rivals. With three of Spezia’s remaining four games after this round coming against top-six chasers, the emphasis falls on this clash if the ‘Little Eagles’ are to secure the seven points they need to better their debut top-flight points haul of 39 from last season.
- Any hopes of hitting the 40-point mark could hinge on Thiago Motta curing his side’s recent travel sickness, as Spezia make the trip north on the back of a five-game winless SA away run (D2, L3). Spezia can ill afford another slow start after losing eight of the nine SA road trips this season in which they’ve trailed at half-time (W1).
- Players to watch: Josip Brekalo has scored his last five SA goals at home, each time giving or extending Torino’s lead. If he does that again, then Daniele Verde could be Spezia’s saviour as he’s been his side’s last scorer with his previous six SA goals, three times with an equaliser.
- Hot stat: Torino have conceded last in 11 of their previous 16 SA home games, with six of those final goals arriving on or beyond the 80th minute.