Match Preview: Strasbourg 3-3 Paris SG Predictions and Betting Tips 29.04.2022
Strasbourg – Paris SG Predictions & Tips For Today, April 29, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 35
Match: 20:00 West Ham – Eintracht Frankfurt
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 LOSTStrasbourg – Paris SG Preview
- Strasbourg’s thrust for their highest top-flight finish since 1979 was halted last weekend in a 1-0 loss against Lille, keeping them three points behind the third and final UEFA Champions League spot occupied by Rennes. As such, now would be the perfect time for ‘Le Racing’ to slay new champions Paris Saint-Germain for the first time since December 2017.
- With Rennes all but a certainty vs St Étienne on Saturday, a loss here – to potentially double that gap from third – would surely kill off Strasbourg’s hopes of dining with Europe’s elite for the first time in 42 years. Yet, they rose to the challenge the last time a top-three team came here (W 2-1 vs Rennes), for what was their only multiple-goal haul in six home matches (W4, D2).
- Despite a disappointing 1-1 draw against Lens last weekend, PSG have officially tied with St Étienne as the most successful team in French top-flight history with a tenth Ligue 1 title. This means that Mauricio Pochettino’s men may already be focusing on next season, though they can still reach 90+ points for a fourth time in six fully-completed campaigns.
- Even though PSG have failed to win their last two Ligue 1 games played after officially sealing a title in any completed Ligue 1 season (D1, L1), nothing is assured until the final whistle, with PSG having scored more goals after the 80th minute than any other Ligue 1 side (15)!
- Players to watch: Habib Diallo has scored Strasbourg’s opener with his last four competitive strikes, three of which have come within 21 minutes, while PSG’s Kylian Mbappé has contributed to at least one goal in each of the previous three H2Hs (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: PSG have failed to win any of the eight Ligue 1 road trips in which they’ve failed to score before half-time (D4, L4).