Match Preview: Elche 1-1 Osasuna Predictions and Betting Tips 01.05.2022
Elche – Osasuna Predictions & Tips For Today, May 1, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 34
Match: 13:00 Elche – Osasuna
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!Elche – Osasuna Preview
- After racking up consecutive wins ‘to nil’ to pull themselves eight points clear of the La Liga (LL) drop zone, Elche will now look to secure their top-flight status with games to spare. Sitting in 14th place, loftier goals might be front of mind for the rejuvenated Elche, who now have an outside chance of a first top-ten finish in the top-flight since 1974/75!
- With three of their last five fixtures being played at the Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero, where ‘Los Franjiverdes’ have secured 23 of their 38 points this term, home form will play a huge factor in defining the end of their season. Hosting Osasuna will surely test their mettle at home though as Elche have only won one of the last ten H2H matches this century (D5, L4), in a series of meetings where both teams found the net on seven occasions.
- Osasuna themselves will be aiming to retain their current top-half status by getting back to winning ways after going down 3-1 to Real Madrid last time out. Late goals could have a part to play in the remainder of their season if recent results are anything to go by, as Osasuna have seen six goals scored past the 75th minute across their last five matches.
- On their travels, it’s been mostly all or nothing for ‘Los Rojillos’ who have seen a joint league-low two away draws all season. Their trump card for this clash may come in the form of their manager Jagoba Arrasate as he’s unbeaten across his 11 managerial meetings with Elche (W4, D7), which includes seeing his side on the day score 2+ goals in their last three visits here.
- Players to watch: Elche’s Fidel has scored eight of his last 11 LL goals at home, while Osasuna’s Ante Budimir has scored in five consecutive LL matches, with four of his goals during that period arriving after half-time.
- Hot stat: Osasuna are the only LL team that haven’t dropped a point on the road after netting the match opener (W6).