Match Preview: Lille 2-1 Monaco Predictions and Betting Tips 06.05.2022
Lille – Monaco Predictions & Tips For Today, May 6, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 36
Match: 20:00 Lille – Monaco
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Lille – Monaco Match Preview
- This time last year, Lille were in the midst of an eight-game unbeaten run of Ligue 1 games to close out their season and win the title. Fast forward to 2022, and the ‘Dogs’ have had a rough time of it and essentially have nothing but pride left to play for after a run of one win from the last six rounds (D2, L3) has left them out of touch with the European chasers.
- The atmosphere at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy has been less than savoury of late with calls for manager Jocelyn Gourvennec’s resignation despite a 1-0 win in their last home outing against Strasbourg. That ferocious atmosphere will likely be intensified by the fact that Lille became the first Ligue 1 side in the last 30 years to have two men sent off and concede three penalties in a single game during their 3-0 defeat against Troyes last weekend.
- Unlike their faltering hosts, a current league-best run of seven straight victories sees Monaco firmly in the race for the Champions League places. Manager Philippe Clément insists his team have not reached their potential, though Monaco could provisionally move into the top three if they secure an eighth straight league success for the first time since 2017!
- The bookmaker’s pick here, the favourites tag is one Monaco often live up to having lost just three of their 12 such away league games this term (W5, D4). Even so, Lille are a side that Monaco have recently struggled against in league action and Clément’s side are currently winless in three H2Hs (D2, L1), but a return of ten goals across the last four H2H editions at this venue (W3, L1) may provide comfort.
- Players to watch: With attackers Renato Sanches and Burak Yılmaz sent off last time out, Lille may look to Jonathan David to break his nine-game drought after he scored both goals in the reverse (2-2). Monaco have now scored a league-high 13 goals from substitutes and Myron Boadu has scored from the bench in their last three away games!
- Hot stat: Lille conceded as many goals between 31’-half-time (six) as they did in the entire second half of their home league games.