Match Preview: Torino 0-1 Napoli Predictions and Betting Tips 07.05.2022
Torino – Napoli Predictions & Tips For Today, May 7, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 36
Match: 14:00 Torino – Napoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Torino – Napoli Match Preview
- After flirting with relegation last season when they finished 17th, Torino must be satisfied with their current mid-table position and the chance of a first top-half finish since 2018/19. Andrea Belotti’s late hat-trick beyond the 75th minute against Empoli last time out actually saw Torino go tenth, but with their three remaining matches all against top-half sides, nothing is certain.
- A three-game unbeaten run at home including draws against the top two (W1, D2) as well as coach Ivan Jurić’s last three H2Hs against Napoli (W1, D1, L1) might give the ’Granata’ fans a reason to believe, but a record of five H2H losses in the last six matchups at home (D1) tempers enthusiasm somewhat. A quick start might help though, as Torino are unbeaten in all 11 home Serie A (SA) matches after a half-time lead (W8, D3).
- With their chances of winning the title all-but gone, Napoli can at least be grateful for their first top-four finish since 2018/19, when they finished as runners-up, after Roma’s failure to win against Bologna in the late Sunday game made sure the UEFA Champions League anthem will be played at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium next season.
- Their title chances were basically killed by a recent disastrous three-game run (D1, L2), but they returned to form at the weekend with a 6-1 hammering of Sassuolo, a match that saw fans’ favourite Dries Mertens net a brace shortly after he renewed his contract for another year. Napoli’s chances of a follow up win seem high, as along with that great H2H record here, they’ve collected more points on their travels than at home this season (37 vs 33), meaning they’ve already matched their highest away league point tally from the previous three campaigns with two matches to go (W11, D4, L2).
- Players to watch: Josip Brekalo has scored his last five SA goals for Torino at home, with the last four arriving before the break. For Napoli, Lorenzo Insigne has scored seven goals across 20 personal H2Hs, only netting more against two other sides.
- Hot stat: Six of Torino’s last nine home matches have witnessed less than 8.5 corners.