Match Preview: Osasuna 1-1 Getafe Predictions and Betting Tips 11.05.2022
Osasuna – Getafe Predictions & Tips For Today, May 11, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 36
Match: 18:00 Osasuna – Getafe
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Osasuna – Getafe Match Preview
- Despite it still being a mathematical possibility, back-to-back draws ahead of this clash have effectively ended Osasuna’s hopes of a first European qualification since 2006/07. Manager Jagoba Arrasate highlighted that finishing ninth ‘would be a great season’, with just three games standing in Osasuna’s way of achieving what will be their best La Liga (LL) finish since 2011/12 (seventh), starting with strugglers Getafe.
- While Osasuna were on the wrong end of a 3-1 defeat in their last run-out at the Estadio El Sadar, there was no shame in losing to champions Real Madrid following a three-game winning run of home games prior. The Pamplona outfit are now warm favourites to beat another Madrid-based club, but that is a tag they have often struggled with, after failing to win six of their ten home league games entered as betting favourites this season (D4, L2).
- Now five points clear of the drop zone, it seems unlikely that Getafe will have their five-year top-flight stay ended this season, though victory will go a long way to appease any lingering relegation doubts. Visiting coach Quique Sánchez Flores may be quietly confident of success as a win here will make Osasuna his joint-favourite team to face by way of victories (W8, D2, L2).
- Getafe’s crawl to safety has been built on solid foundations as they currently protect a three-game run of clean sheets, their longest since the opening three rounds of 2020/21. That run contained Getafe’s first away league win of the season at the 17th time of asking (2-0 v Celta Vigo), and the ‘Azulones’ now have the chance to win back-to-back away league games for the first time in over two years!
- Players to watch: Osasuna’s Ante Budimir is enjoying an incredible run of seven straight club games with a goal involvement (G6, A2), his best run since leaving Croatia in 2014/15. No player has scored a higher portion of his team’s La Liga goal haul than Getafe’s Enes Ünal, who bagged 15 of their 31 strikes (48%).
- Hot stat: Getafe failed to win 15 of their 16 away league games as pre-match betting outsiders (W1, D6, L9).