Match Preview: St Etienne 1-1 Auxerre Predictions and Betting Tips 29.05.2022
St Etienne – Auxerre Predictions & Tips For Today, May 29, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – RELEGATION – FINAL
Match: 18:00 St Etienne – Auxerre
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
St Etienne – Auxerre Match Preview
- Considering the away goals rule, it’s advantage St Étienne after their 1-1 away draw in the first leg of this Ligue 1 relegation play-off, and keeping a clean sheet in front of their home fans will see them avoid a first campaign back in Ligue 2 since 2004/05. It’s not the fact that they conceded a late equaliser that left the coach Pascal Dupraz with some regrets, but rather “not scoring another goal”.
- Scoring goals is what the ‘Greens’ may still need to focus on, especially as they shut out the opposition just once at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in the top-flight this campaign, and only twice across the previous eight H2Hs against Auxerre held here (W2, D5, L1)! Despite poor five-game home form (W1, D1, L3), Dupraz’s men are on a scoring run, finding the net in their last nine league games here.
- Looking to return to the top-flight after a ten-year absence, Auxerre supporters may be dreaming of Ligue 1 adventures once again after Gaëtan Perrin’s 86th-minute equaliser on Thursday. Auxerre matched or bettered St Étienne for much of the game, and Perrin’s late leveller gave him the belief they can still win promotion, as he proclaimed that “everyone saw that we could compete with this team”.
- Auxerre’s impressive away form could be key to achieving that feat, as they are still unbeaten on the road in 2022 (W6, D4). However, considering that none of the four draws during that run would be enough for them to win this tie within 90 minutes (0-0 or 1-1), the ‘AJA’ will have to adopt a positive approach if they are to become the second Ligue 2 club to prevail in this two-legged battle since the introduction of the playoffs back in 2016/17.
- Players to watch: St Étienne’s Ryad Boudebouz has scored his last three goals on home soil, all as his team’s first scorer, while Gauthier Hein has netted six goals across Auxerre’s previous seven road trips, with half coming within the first 15 minutes.
- Hot stat: Each of the last five H2Hs have seen both halves feature the same scoreline.
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022